NVMe over PCIe Transport SpecificationTransport
The individual transport specifications allow NVM Express to isolate and independently evolve transports for evolving memory and fabric transports. The NVM Express® (NVMe®) 2.0 specifications define the theory of operations for transports in the NVMe Base specification and the mapping of specific transports to individual specifications.
What is the NVMe over PCIe Transport specification?
The NVMe Base specification was initially created to help define how host software communicates with non-volatile memory across a PCI Express® (PCIe®) bus. The NVMe specifications have grown to include multiple types of transports. The PCIe transport specific information for NVMe technology is now defined in this specification
NVMe architecture works with PCIe technology to transfer data to and from SSDs. NVMe enables rapid storage in computer SSDs and improves over older Hard Disk Drive (HDD) related interfaces such as SATA and SAS.
- NVM Express® Base Specification
- NVM Command Set Specification
- NVMe Zoned Namespaces (ZNS) Command Set Specification
- Key Value Command Set Specification
- Subsystem Local Memory Command Set
- Computational Programs Command Set
- NVMe over PCIe Transport Specification
- RDMA Transport Specification
- TCP Transport Specification
- NVM Express Management Interface Specification
- NVMe Boot Specification
- Changes in NVM Express Revision 2.0
- NVMe over Fabrics (oF) Specification (historical reference only)