NVM Command Set SpecificationCommand Set
The individual command set specifications allow NVM Express to isolate and independently evolve command sets for emerging technologies such as Zoned Namespaces, Key Value and eventually computational storage. The NVMe specifications before NVMe 2.0 included all command set details. NVMe 2.0 separates these command sets into different specifications.
The NVMe Base specification defines the Admin Command Set, which provides essential administrative and management commands, including identify and get-log-page.
What is the NVM Command Set specification?
The NVM Command Set specification defines the NVM Command Set, which includes the most essential I/O commands: read and write. The NVM Command Set specification is effectively the block address command set that existed in NVMe before the NVMe 2.0 specifications.
- NVM Express® Base Specification
- NVMe Zoned Namespaces (ZNS) Command Set Specification
- NVM Command Set Specification
- Key Value Command Set Specification
- RDMA Transport Specification
- TCP Transport Specification
- NVMe over PCIe Transport Specification
- NVM Express Management Interface Specification
- NVMe Boot Specification
- Changes in NVM Express Revision 2.0
- NVMe over Fabrics (oF) Specification (historical reference only)