NVMe technology experts will share the challenges, opportunities and outlook of the specification library
BEAVERTON, Ore. – March 8, 2019 – NVM Express™, Inc. is pleased to present their 2019 NVMe™ Annual Members Meeting and Developer Day , supported by Platinum Sponsor Toshiba. The afternoon portion of the event will be free for media and feature member presentations around the current and future state of the NVMe specifications targeted at developers.
“NVM Express is the fastest-ramping storage technology of the past decade,” said Amber Huffman, president of NVM Express, Inc. “Our annual Member’s Meeting and Developer Day always energizes innovation around NVMe, continues its momentum, and strengthens our community.”
WHO: NVM Express, Inc., the organization offering an open collection of NVM Express (NVMe™) specifications and resources on the benefits of non-volatile memory, will host the event. Invitees include NVM Express, Inc. members, technology enthusiasts and interested press and analysts.
WHAT: The 2019 NVMe Annual Members Meeting and Developer Day, supported by Platinum sponsor Toshiba, is the one time of the year where NVMe technology experts and stakeholders are present in one location. The first half of March 19th will include member-only sessions, including workgroup updates and a State of the Union from leadership. The second half of March 19th will be open to the public and press. It will consist of networking opportunities, technology showcases by member companies and presentations diving into topics around the NVMe base specification, the NVMe-MI™ specification, the NVMe-oF™ specification and more. March 20th is open to NVMe members-only.
WHERE: Fremont Marriot Silicon Valley Hotel — 46100 Landing Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94538
WHEN: Tuesday, March 19th – Wednesday, March 20th, 2019
Schedule for Tuesday, March 19th (NVMe Members-only in the morning; afternoon is open to the public)
- 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. – Registration
- 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – NVMe Members-only sessions
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch Break
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Developer Day Presentations – Open to Non-Members
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – From Open-Channel SSDs to Zoned Namespaces, Matias Bjørling, Western Digital
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Accelerating Applications with NVM Express Computational Storage, Stephen Bates, Eideticom
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – NVMe-oF Interop Testing, David Woolf, UNH-IOL
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – PCIe Hot-Plug and Error Handling for NVMe, Curtis Ballard, HPE and Austin Bolen, Dell
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. – Break
- 3:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. – Developer Day Presentations – Open to Non-Members
- 3:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. – PCI Express® 4.0 and 5.0: The Future of NVMe Technology, Justin Wenck, PCI-SIG/Intel
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. – The Development Status of NVMe™/TCP and a Case study of SPDK User Space NVMe/TCP Solution, Sagi Grimberg, LightBits and Benjamin Walker, Intel
- 4:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Closing Remarks
- 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. – Reception with Demos
REGISTRATION: NVMe member companies will receive one free individual registration. Additional member attendees will be charged $150/person. This fee includes both days.
Non-members will be charged $150/person and will only be allowed to attend the Developer Day sessions in the afternoon on Tuesday, March 19th, 2019.
TO SCHEDULE A BRIEFING: If you are a member of the press interested in learning more about the latest NVM Express specification advancements and receiving a free event pass, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Briefings will take place on March 19th between 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and the Developer Sessions will take place from 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., with a reception to follow.