NVM Express™ Gears up for the 2019 NVMe™ Annual Members Meeting and Developer DayBlog
By Cameron Brett, NVM Express Marketing Work Group Co-Chair
Our Annual Members Meeting and Developer Day is right around the corner and we hope you can join us this year!
This year’s event is March 19-20 in Fremont, CA – the now the fourth largest city in the San Francisco Bay metropolitan area and a hub for technology business and new development.
Full of great learning and networking opportunities, the two-day event will include workgroup updates, a State of the Union from leadership, technical presentations from members, demonstrations and more.
Open to members-only, the first part of the day will provide members with a look back at the momentum and success of the NVMe specifications over the last year and a look toward the future.
The second part of day one opens to the press and the public – featuring technology showcases by member companies and presentations diving into topics around the NVMe base specification, the NVMe-oF™ specification and more. Day Two is open to NVMe members only.
This year we will have presentations from member companies such as Dell, Eideticom, HPE, Intel, UNH-IOL, Western Digital and more. They will cover a range of timely topics ranging from an overview of the new NVMe/TCP specification to information about interoperability testing.
We are excited for this year’s event and are looking forward to seeing you! Register for the event here and learn read up on the logistics here. For a look back on the 2018 NVMe™ Annual Members Meeting and Developer Day read the overview blog here.
Meet the Press
We will be hosting onsite press and analysts to discuss NVMe technology adoption, spec development, and organizational news. If you’re a member of the press interested in learning more about the advancements in the NVMe library of specifications, contact the NVM Express PR team at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a briefing.
2019 NVMe™ Annual Members Meeting and Developer Day Schedule
Tuesday, March 19th (Afternoon open to the public; pre-registration strongly encouraged)
- 7:00 – 8:00 – Registration
- 8:00 – 8:05 – Welcome and Overview of Agenda
- 8:05 – 8:10 – Platinum Sponsor Toshiba Memory America welcome speech
- 8:10 – 8:30 – State of the Union
- 8:30 – 9:00 – Marketing Workgroup Update
- 9:00 – 9:30 – Technical WG Update
- 9:30 – 10:00 – NVMe-MI Workgroup Update
- 10:00 – 10:15 – Break
- 10:15 – 11:00 – Interop (ICC) Workgroup Update
- 11:00 – 11:50 – Spec Refactoring Plans and Progress
- 11:50 – 12:00 – Member Meeting Wrap Up and Preview of Afternoon Presentations
- 12:00 – 1:00 – Lunch Break
- 1:00 – 3:00 – Developer Day Presentations
- 2:00-2:30 – From Open-Channel SSDs to Zoned Namespaces, Matias Bjørling, Western Digital
- 1:00-1:30 – Accelerating Applications with NVM Express Computational Storage, Stephen Bates, Eideticom
- 1:30-2:00 – NVMe-oF Interop Testing, David Woolf, UNH-IOL
- 2:30-3:00 – PCIe Hot-Plug and Error Handling for NVMe, Curtis Ballard, HPE and Austin Bolen, Dell
- 3:00 – 3:15 – Break
- 3:15 – 4:45 – Developer Day Presentations
- 3:15-3:45 – PCI Express® 4.0 and 5.0: The Future of NVMe™ Technology, Justin Wenck, PCI-SIG/Intel
- 3:45 -4:45 – NVMe/TCP: Sagi Grimberg, LightBits and Ziye Yang, Intel
- 4:45 – 5:00 – Closing Remarks
- 5:00 – 7:30 – Reception with Demos