Join NVM Express Organization at Flash Memory Summit 2019Blog
By Cameron Brett and Jonmichael Hands, NVM Express Marketing Work Group Co-Chairs
We at NVM Express, Inc. are excited to announce that we will be attending Flash Memory Summit (FMS) 2019 taking place from August 6-8 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. NVMe is still one of the hottest topics at the show, and once again, we will serve as an organizational sponsor and host our presentation track on NVM Express technology. We also plan to meet with press and analysts from across the world. Attendees will be able to visit with our member companies in the exhibit hall and view real-world examples of products built from the various NVMe specs.
NVM Express, Inc. Presentation Sessions
A lot of exciting presentations are in the works, beginning with overviews of the status of our three main specifications: NVM Express, NVM Management Interface (NVMe-MI) and NVMe over Fabrics (NVMe-oF). We will also dive deeper into critical new elements of the specs like Zoned Namespaces, Endurance Management and more. NVM Express, Inc. members from leadings companies will provide use cases of how they utilize the technology. View the full schedule on the FMS website and below:
Tuesday, August 6: The state of NVMe, new capabilities and specification updates
NVMe 101A-1 – 8:30 – 9:35 AM
- First half: NVMe State of the Union, presented by Peter Onufryk (Microchip)
- Second half: NVMe 1.4 Features Overview, presented by Nick Adams (Intel)
NVMe 101B-1 – 9:45 – 10:50 AM
- First half: Standardizing Zones Across the Storage Eco-System, presented by Dave Landsman (Western Digital)
- Second half: Endurance Group Management: Host Control of SSD Media Organization, chaired by Paul Suhler (Micron) and presented by Mark Carlson (Toshiba Memory)
NVMe 102A-1 – 3:40 – 4:45 PM
- First half: The NVM Express Management Interface – Overview and New Developments, chaired by Peter Onufryk (Intel) and presented by Austin Bolen (Dell EMC)
- Second half: NVMe over Fabrics: What’s New in Version 1.1, chaired by Sagi Grimberg (Lightbits Labs) and presented by David Black (Dell EMC) and Fred Knight (NetApp)
NVMe 102B-1 – 4:55 – 6:00 PM
- NVMe Software Drivers: What’s New and What’s Supported? chaired by Uma Parepalli (Marvell) and presented by Scott Lee (Microsoft), Jim Harris (Intel), Murali Rajagopal and Suds Jain (VMware)
Wednesday, August 7: NVMe technology and applications in the market
NVMe-201A-1 – 8:30 – 9:35 AM
- First Half: NVMe Markets: Rising at Breakneck Speed with Even Better Days Ahead, presented by Eric Burgener (IDC)
- Second Half: Panel on Enterprise Servers and Storage, with moderator J Metz (Cisco) and panelists Gary Kotzur (Dell EMC) and Steve Mcquerry (Pure Storage)
NVMe-201B-1 – 9:45 – 10:50 AM
- First half: Client NVMe SSD Objectives and Opportunities, with moderator J Metz (Cisco), and panelists Arijit Chattopadhyay (Intel), Lee Zaretsky and Lee Prewitt (Microsoft)
- Second half: NVMe in the Virtualized World, presented by Suds Jain (VMware)
NVME-202A-1 – 3:20 – 4:25 PM
- How Facebook & Microsoft Leverage NVMe Cloud Storage, with moderator Cameron Brett (Toshiba) and panelists Lee Prewitt (Microsoft) and Ross Stenfort (Facebook)
NVME-202B-1 – 4:35 – 5:40 PM
- Leveraging NVMe-oF for existing and new applications, with moderator Sagi Grimberg (Lighbits Labs) and panelists Marcus Thordal (Broadcom), Idan Burstein (Mellanox), Bryan Cowger (Kazan Networks) and Nishant Lodha (Marvell)
Brief with an NVM Express Technology Expert
We will be hosting onsite press and analysts to discuss NVMe technology adoption, spec development, and organizational news. If you’re a member of the press interested in learning more about the advancements in the NVMe library of specifications, contact the NVM Express PR team at email@example.com to schedule a briefing.
We are excited about this year’s event and are looking forward to seeing you! If you haven’t yet, you won’t want to miss the chance to register for FMS 2019 now.
In the meantime, view the presentation videos from FMS 2018 to learn more about what types of content you will see during our track at this year’s event.