Supported Windows Versions, NVMe version supported in each release, features etc.
- Windows 7 (separate download)
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008R2 (separate download)
- Windows Server 2012R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
For Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, the Windows NVMe driver is available as a download from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2990941/update-to-add-native-driver-support-in-nvm-express-in-windows-7-and-wi. For all other Windows OS versions, the Windows NVMe driver is included as part of the OS.
Developer Resources for Using NVMe drives in Windows
- Working with NVMe drives https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/FileIO/working-with-nvme-devices
Windows NVMe Driver Feature Support
Managing NVMe drives in Windows
- Deploy NVMe Storage Devices using Discrete Device Assignment https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/virtualization/hyper-v/deploy/deploying-storage-devices-using-dda
- Updating drive firmware in Windows Server 2016 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/update-firmware