What is the NVMe-MI™ Specification?
The NVMe® Management Interface (NVMe-MI™) specification was created to define a command set and architecture for managing NVMe storage, making it possible to discover, monitor, configure, and update NVMe devices in multiple operating environments. NVMe-MI technology provides an industry standard for management of NVMe devices in-band (through an operating system) and out-of-band (usually through a BMC, or baseboard management controller).
The NVMe-MI 1.2 specification, released in June 2021, evolved to meet the growing management needs of the NVMe ecosystem. For more details on the new anchor features, please see NVMe® Management Interface (NVMe-MI™) 1.2 Specification: What’s New? – NVM Express.
- Current Specification Version: NVMe-MI 1.2c Specification
- Changelog: Changes in NVMe-MI Revision 1.2
- Older Versions of NVMe-MI Specifications
- NVMe-MI 1.2b Specification
- NVMe-MI 1.2a Specification
- NVMe-MI 1.2 Specification
- NVMe-MI 1.1d Specification
- NVMe-MI 1.1c Specification
- NVMe-MI 1.1b Specification
- NVMe-MI 1.1a Specification
- NVMe-MI 1.1 Specification
- NVMe-MI 1.0a
- NVMe-MI 1.0
Links to the pages for our other specifications: